Packing for your destination wedding can be a daunting task, but don’t let it overwhelm you! Here is our list covering everything you will need from the paperwork to your favors, to personal products, outfits, and accessories!
- Picture ID (driver’s license and/or passport)
- Business Visa or Credit Card
- In Case of Emergency information
- Cash or Travelers Checks
- Visas + International Driving Permit (if applicable)
- Copy of Proof of Health Insurance, Vaccination Records, Prescriptions
- Copy of Travel Insurance
- Marriage License
- Travel Itineraries & Tickets/ Boarding Passes/ Hotel Reservation Confirmations
Wedding Day Attire
- tux/suit, dress, shoes, undergarments, accessories, jewelry, cufflinks, hair pieces, tie/ bow tie, veil.
- Wedding Rings
**All of the items above should be packed in your carry-on luggage or personal item and stay with you at all times throughout your travels.
The following items should go in your checked luggage:
- Additional Wedding Related Event Outfits
- Bathing Suit/ Recreational Attire
- Casual Clothes & Shoes
- Honeymoon Essentials
- Toiletries/Personal Items
- Sunscreen glasses/contacts, toothbrush and toothpaste. Deodorant, comb/brush, shaving creame, razors, tweezers, soaps & body washes, makeup remover, moisturizer, makeup, hair styling products & styling tools.
- Miscellaneous Items such as sunglasses, hats, belts, jackets/sweaters, sleepwear, athletic attire, suitcase scale, clothing steamer or iron, etc.
- Electronic Chargers:
- Phone, Laptop, iPad, Smart Watch, etc.
Wedding Weekend Essentials:
- Vow Books
- Welcome Bag Materials
- Guest Favors
- Event Signage
- Cake Topper
- Ceremony Programs
- Escort Cards/Seating Chart
- Place Cards
- Table Numbers
- Table Linens
- Guest Book & Pens/ Markers
- Attendant Materials
- Basket, Ring Pillow, Binder for Ceremony Script, etc.
- Full Invitation Suite (for detail photography)
- Important Paperwork such as copies of all vendor & venue contracts
- Receipts for Favors, Welcome Bags, Family/ Wedding Party Gifts, and/or Rentals you are Transporting Yourself to the Destination (to claim at customs)
- Wedding Party/ Family Gifts
- Luggage Tags
Additional Things To Do Before A Trip:
- Research travel insurance (and invest/obtain policy if it fits your needs).
- Contact your local mail carrier/USPS/FedEx/UPS to gold mail and packages while out of town.
- Send your travel itinerary to a friend or family member, as well as specific information on where you will be staying and how you can be reached (if traveling internationally).
- Contact your phone provider in regards to obtaining an international phone plan.
- Visit your local AAA office to obtain an international driving permit.
- Download Google Translate to your mobile phone.
- Arrange transportation to and from the airport/boat.